Kensington Clinic employs a variety of professionals, including nurses (RNs only), social workers, certified surgical processors and medical receptionists. Working as a team, we value reproductive choice, respect for patients and excellence in abortion care. If there is nothing posted here in your field, you are welcome to submit your resume and we will keep it on file for review if a position becomes available. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 403-283-9139.
Kensington Clinic is committed to employment equity and applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. Kensington Clinic is working towards representing the communities we serve.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: Social Worker
Employee Type: Casual/Relief
Shifts per week: Varies. Minimum 1 shift per week. Flexibility to pick up shifts on a relief basis is required.
Shift Pattern: Days
We are hiring a casual Social Worker/Counsellor to join our team at Kensington Clinic. Kensington Clinic is a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. Kensington Clinic provides abortion care and early pregnancy loss support. We are a small, diverse team of medical professionals who are focused on patient-centered care. Being pro-choice is a must to work at Kensington Clinic. Having a trauma-informed lens and working knowledge of how structural oppression effects patients and staff is essential to effectively working within the counselling team.
Required Qualifications: Completion of Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work. Current registration with the Alberta College of Social Workers (ACSW).
- Fully immunized against COVID-19.
- Must be able to wear required PPE.
- Trauma-informed practice is a necessary component of this job.
- Experience in health care settings is preferred.
- Experience with de-escalation and mental health crises is an asset.
- Experience supporting people who have experienced sexual violence and domestic abuse is an asset.
Primary Counsellor duties involve short-term single-session client meetings:
- Discussing and supporting patients’ decision-making process
- Providing acceptance and non-judgmental support for patients
- Providing emotional support to patients before and after procedures
- Offering referrals and post-procedure support
- Working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other staff to provide best care
- Following Kensington Clinic Policies and Procedures
- Using Electronic Medical Record to document confidential patient information
- Assisting with contraceptive counselling and birth control planning
- Supporting all-options pregnancy counselling
- Safety planning with patients experiencing violence
- Working with interpreters for patients who are English Language Learners
Critical attributes to be successful in this position:
- Thrives within an interdisciplinary team
- Gets along well with others
- Builds rapport with individuals experiencing marginalization
- Supports a gender-inclusive environment
- Works well with patients and staff who have different perspectives and worldviews
- Demonstrates a commitment and openness to lifelong learning and curiosity
Kensington Clinic is working towards representing the communities we serve. Applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.