Kensington Clinic employs a variety of professionals, including nurses (RNs only), social workers, certified surgical processors and medical receptionists. Working as a team, we value reproductive choice, respect for patients and excellence in abortion care. If there is nothing posted here in your field, you are welcome to submit your resume and we will keep it on file for review if a position becomes available. Resumes may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 403-283-9139.
Employment Type: Casual
Shifts per Week: minimum 1 shift per week. Flexibility to pick-up shifts on a relief basis is required.
Pattern: Days. Weekdays. Some Saturdays.
We are hiring a casual Medical Office Assistant (MOA)/Receptionist to join our team at Kensington Clinic. Ours is an often busy, dynamic, and fast-paced work environment. Kensington Clinic is focused on creating inclusive environments for all patients and staff. We are looking for someone who is empathetic, non-judgmental, and open-to- learning in the growing medical field of abortion care. We are a small, yet diverse team of medical professionals who are focused on patient-centered care. Being pro-choice is a must to work at Kensington Clinic. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds and are working to represent the communities we serve.
We are looking for an MOA/Receptionist who is:
- Patient-focused, compassionate, and non-judgmental
- Informed about abortion care & access in Canada
- Familiar with Electronic Medical Record (EMR), Netcare, and Alberta Health Insurance
- Open to learning new ideas
- Able to follow Kensington Clinic’s Policies & Procedures
- Able to work well in a team environment
- Problem Solving skills – able to think quickly & solve problems in a fast-paced environment
- Likes challenge and is open to innovation and change
- MOA experience is an asset
- Able to thrive working within an interdisciplinary team and independently
- Able to get along well with others
- Able to build rapport with marginalized individuals
- Able to work in a gender-inclusive environment
- Able to work well with patients & staff who have different perspectives & world views
- Able to demonstrate a commitment to lifelong learning & curiosity
The MOA position duties include but are not limited to:
- Booking patients appropriately via a multi-line phone system
- Answering patients concerns & questions, and corresponding with doctors & nurses when needed
- Completing patient intakes and creating charts (this includes compiling demographic and medical information)
- Using an Electronic Medical Record to record confidential patient information
- Directing calls to the appropriate departments & staff
- Checking patients into the clinic for their appointments
- Making & updating patient charts for each business day
- Scanning, filing, faxing, and general office duties
- Working collaboratively with physicians, nurses, and other staff to provide the best care for patients by following clinic policies & procedures
- Collaborating & assisting team members to facilitate best practice clinical care
Kensington Clinic is committed to employment equity and applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. Kensington Clinic is working towards representing the communities we serve.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com