Kensington Clinic employs a variety of professionals, including nurses (RNs only), social workers, certified surgical processors and medical receptionists. Working as a team, we value reproductive choice, respect for patients and excellence in abortion care. If there is nothing posted here in your field, you are welcome to submit your resume and we will keep it on file for review if a position becomes available. Resumes may be emailed to email@example.com or faxed to 403-283-9139.
Position: Registered Nurse
Employee Type: Temporary Position – Casual/Relief
Shifts per Week: Varies. Availability for specific dates required for successful applicant. Will discuss further when contacted.
Shift Pattern: Days. Weekdays
We are hiring a casual/relief Registered Nurse to join our team at Kensington Clinic to provide coverage throughout the summer months. Kensington Clinic is a dynamic and fast-paced work environment. We are a small, diverse team of medical professionals who are focused on patient-centered care. Being pro-choice is a must to work at Kensington Clinic. We provide both medication and aspiration abortions; medication and aspiration procedures for pregnancy loss.
Required Qualifications: Current registration with the College and Association of Registered Nurses Alberta (CARNA).
- Current HCP BLS required
- ACLS preferred
- Must be able to don and doff PPE as necessary
- Trauma-informed practice is a necessary component of patient-centered care here
Some of the duties include:
- Providing acceptance and non-judgmental support for patients
- Providing emotional support to patients before and after procedures
- Working collaboratively with physicians, counsellors, and other staff to provide best care
- Following Kensington Clinic Policies and Procedures
- Using Electronic Medical Record to record confidential patient information
- Assisting with contraceptive counselling and birth control planning
- Working with interpreters for patients who are English Language Learners
- Completing medical histories
- Point-of-Care blood work
- Pre-procedure medication administration
- Aftercare education
Critical attributes to be successful in this position:
- Thrives within an interdisciplinary team
- Gets along well with others
- Supports a gender-inclusive environment
- Works well with patients and staff who have different perspectives and worldviews
- Demonstrates a commitment and openness to lifelong learning and curiosity
- Demonstrates autonomy, professional responsibility and accountability
Kensington Clinic is committed to employment equity and applicants from diverse backgrounds, abilities, and experiences are strongly encouraged to apply. Kensington Clinic is working towards representing the communities we serve. Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.