Please call to book the appointment yourself. We have several questions about your medical history that only you can answer. It is important that you answer these questions accurately and completely so that we may provide you with the safest possible care.
To book an appointment:
- You must have missed one menstrual period and have had a positive pregnancy test.
- Have a pen and paper when you call to write down the appointment date, the confirmation date and any other instructions we need to give you.
- Have your healthcare insurance number and your complete address and postal code.
- Know the date of the first day of your last normal menstrual period.
Select the date of your last period to work out how many weeks pregnant you are.
You are approximately weeks pregnant
All pre-operative care, including ultrasounds, blood tests, and swabs for infection testing are done at Kensington Clinic on the day of your appointment. You do not need to go anywhere else to have these tests done. However, if you live outside Calgary, or have certain health conditions, a pre-operative blood test and/or ultrasound may be required. When you book your appointment our staff will review your information and assist you in obtaining any required pre-operative tests.
Please note that if you are requesting a Medication Abortion, in addition to all of the above:
- Mifegymiso is now available at Kensington Clinic. It consists of two oral medications – mifepristone and misoprostol. For more information on this treatment please click here.
- You must be at least 6 weeks and no more than 9 weeks 0 days (63 days) on the day the first medication is administered.
- You must be able to return to the clinic for an ultrasound or go to a lab for a blood test 7-21 days after taking the first medication.