When you book an appointment, you are given a date to call and confirm that you still plan to attend and to receive some important instructions to prepare for the procedure. If you fail to confirm before noon on that date and receive these instructions, your appointment is automatically cancelled and given to someone on our waiting list. If you are unable to call on the day we requested, it’s okay to call us beforehand to confirm.
When you call to confirm your appointment, have a pen and paper handy or print the instructions below.
Fasting — If your appointment is in the morning, do not eat or drink after midnight. If your appointment is in the afternoon, do not eat or drink after 7:00 a.m. If you do not fast your procedure will be cancelled.
Transportation — You cannot drive a vehicle for 24 hours after the procedure and you cannot take public transit without an escort. Therefore, you must arrange for a ride home. You may bring one person to the clinic with you. No children are allowed. Your ride must be here by 4:30 p.m. as the clinic will be closing. If you do not have anyone to drive you home, you can rebook your appointment for a day when someone will be available to escort you. You may also take a taxi home if you have no one to escort you, but you are responsible for the entire fare. Taxi vouchers will not be provided.
What to Bring:
- A short-sleeved T-shirt and a pair of socks. In the winter months, you and your escort should bring an extra pair of shoes or slippers as you will be required to remove you outdoor footwear at the door.
- Medications that you are using.
- One or two maxi pads and a supply for home.
- Photo identification. You will not be admitted to the clinic without appropriate identification.
- Your health care card, if you are insured.
- Full payment for your procedure if you are not insured. We accept cash, debit card, VISA, Mastercard, American Express. We do not accept personal cheques.
Do not take aspirin, alcohol or recreational drugs for 24 hours before your appointment.
Do arrive on time for your appointment. If you are more than 20 minutes late, your procedure may be delayed or cancelled. You do not need to arrive before your appointment time. If you do, you will only have a longer wait before you are seen.
Do not bring valuables to the clinic. You will be given a locker to store your belongings but the clinic will not be responsible for any items lost or left behind.
Do not wear perfume or cologne. Kensington Clinic is a scent-free facility.